Recovery Outreach

What is Recovery Outreach?

Recovery Outreach in Portage County is an effort to help those who are struggling with any type of alcohol or drug concerns and connect them to resources. The Recovery Outreach team follows up with those who have experienced a recent overdose or incident with law enforcement that is drug or alcohol related.


The team will connect with the individual to check on how they are doing and to see if there is any help they can give to the person or their family.The team may consist of a law enforcement officer, EMT/paramedic, and a Peer Supporter. A Peer Supporter is someone who is in long-term recovery from their own drug/alcohol addiction. They have also gone through specific training that teaches them how to best help others with getting into treatment or other recovery services. Law enforcement is involved in with the team out of concern for the community’s health & safety, not to arrest people.

The team will also respond to community referrals from law enforcement, hospitals, and family members. To make a referral, Townhall II at 330.678.3006.

Given the devastating effects, including death, that heroin, opiates, alcohol, and other substances have caused so many – our community member’s health and recovery is our primary concern. Our goal is to provide as much help and support as we can.  

Recovery Outreach in Portage County is funded by the Mental Health & Recovery Board. The Peer Supporters are employed by not-for-profit behavioral health agencies: Townhall II, Family & Community Services, and Coleman Professional Services. 

Learn more! Recovery Outreach in the news.

Residential Treatment Facilities


Horizon House is a residential facility in Ravenna caring for women who are in recovery from addictions. Operated by Townhall II, an agency funded by the Mental Health & Recovery Board.
Contact Townhall II 330.678.3006

Root House is a residential facility in Ravenna caring for men who are in recovery from addictions. Operated by Family and Community Serivices an agency receiving funds from the Mental Health & Recovery Board.
Contact Family & Community Services at 330.677.4124

Recovery Housing

Portage Area Recovery Center (PARC) and On Track to Recovery houses are located in Kent and operated by Family & Community Services. Contact them at 330.677.4124.


The Mental Health & Recovery Board of Portage County funds services for Portage County residents through its network of agencies. Services help families, adults, teens and children with mental illness, depression, addictions, in crisis and at risk for suicide.


You can contact us via our contact form or follow us on social networks.

155 East Main St.
Kent OHIO 44240

P: 330-673-1756
F: 330-673-1330


  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey YouTube Icon
  • Grey LinkedIn Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon

For 24 HR help in a crisis call:

Addiction: 330-678-3006

Mental Health: 330-296-3555

Copyright 2017 by Portage County MHRB - All Rights Reserved